DO THESE STATISTICS BOTHER YOU...
...like they bother me?
- 7,000 students drop out of school every day
- 1.3 million students fail to graduate from high school every year
- 1 in 3 college freshman will graduate and get a job in their field
- 16% of American high school seniors are proficient in math and interested in a science career
- Only 33% of teachers who teach STEM, have a STEM degree
- USA is ranked #25 in math, and #17 in science out of 31 countries.
- 25 Years ago, USA was #1 in Graduation Rate, Today we are #17.
ABOUT KANTIS SIMMONS...
As the nation’s leading STEM Motivational Speaker and School Success Strategist, it's my aim to forestall the academic failure epidemic, STEM education challenges, teacher turnover rate, and trillion dollars student loan debt crisis sweeping across America’s schools and colleges.
That's why I'm irrationally passionate about inspiring students, parents, and educators to skyrocket their performance in school and life.
"I was born to two loving parents who ignited the fire for excellence in me at 6 months, by placing me in school..."
YES! I have been in school for 25 years! It sounds like a long time...I know! However, those academic years were crucial in my educational and professional successes and the reason for my passion for inspiring others.
As a student I earned:
- A BS Degree in Chemistry from Norfolk State University (Norfolk, VA)
- A MS Degree in Polymer Science and Engineering from Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA),
- A MS Degree in Textile and Fiber Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, GA).
Likewise, as a cool nerd, I was blessed to work as a Research Scientist for companies like Mobil Chemical Company, NASA Langley Research Center, and CIBA Vision (now Alcon).
Well, Here's My Story...
As an inspirational motivational speaker focused on Academic Success, Teacher Burnout and STEM Education, I've spent over a decade speaking at school assembly programs, educational conferences, and teacher training seminars.
With over 25+ years of being a student, I have gained first-hand insight into what it takes to not only inspire students and educators but also fuel them with the momentum necessary for success.
Also, I have had my own struggle with self-doubt.
As illustrious as my accomplishments,
I did not always think that I could.
I struggled as many do with a low self-esteem and bouts of self-doubt.
You see… I grew up with "stinking thinking" because of a birth defect that made me feel insecure and often,
I thought, “I can’t… I won’t… and I’ll never!”
This thinking kept me fearful and doubtful about my academics and my future career.
However, after hearing (and understanding) a few words from family, mentors, books and educators; learning strategies for life success and personal achievement, I’ve turned my mess into my message and you can too!See Kantis' Speaking Programs
Like you, I’ve spent some time asking myself what can I do to challenge students and educators beyond being spectators of the learning process but rather full participants in their own success. What I’ve discovered, is students need practical success principles which they are able to swallow in a fun relate-able way (just like I did).
“In my message, I strive to make my audience feel engaged, excited, and empowered."
Using humorous life stories and my expertise on success (and failure) I share with them the tools, and techniques it takes to succeed in every aspect of school, so they can ultimately succeed in life. These are some of the same strategies and mindsets that have helped me:
- Earn 3 Advanced College Degrees with Honors
- Receive $317,000 in Scholarships and Fellowships
- Invent Contact Lenses Products for CIBA Vision
- Perform as Head Drum Major for the Olympic Games
- Work as a Scientist at NASA Research Center
Books To Help You Win Inside & Outside the Classroom
Discover How To Motivate Your Student To Do Well In School Without Annoying Them...with this FREE copy of Play Your "A" Game BookClick to Request Free Copy of PYAG Book